The Bartlett Park District has a variety of Policies and Procedures, Ordinances and Resolutions in place for the efficient operation of the Park District.
- Policies: Are defined as any plan or course of action reflecting the aims to be achieved by the District and are officially approved by the Board of Commissioners.
- Procedures: Are defined as any plan or course of action formulated, developed, and implemented by the District staff to facilitate day-to-day operations within the respective policy guidelines.
- Ordinances and Resolutions: Are defined as those documents required by the State of Illinois under the Park District Code.
Clean Air Act
The Bartlett Park District adheres to the Illinois Clean Indoor Air Act (PA 86-1018). All public facilities are smoke-free zones. No person shall smoke in any part of Park District buildings, or within 15 feet of a public facility, and then must be in a specifically designated and posted smoking area. Outdoor cigarette residue receptacles are provided in these areas.
As a governmental agency, the Bartlett Park District is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act, 820 ILCS, Par. 130/4 et seq.) This act applies to the wages of laborers, mechanics, and other workers employed in any public works, by any public body and to anyone under contracts for public works. All contracts and bids awarded by the Bartlett Park District must comply with the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act.
Click here to view prevailing wage rates for DuPage County: https://www.illinois.gov/idol/Laws-Rules/CONMED/Documents/2017%20Rates/DuPage.pdf
Click here to view prevailing wage rates for Cook County: https://www.illinois.gov/idol/Laws-Rules/CONMED/Documents/2017%20Rates/Cook.pdf
Click here to view prevailing wage rates for Kane County: https://www.illinois.gov/idol/Laws-Rules/CONMED/Documents/2017%20Rates/Kane.pdf
Code of Conduct
Our facilities are rated “G” for the General Public to enjoy. Facility users who do not conduct themselves in a proper manner, or do not follow the facility conduct policy will be removed from the facility and grounds. Repeated improper conduct will result in loss of facility privileges.
- Residents: Are defined as those who pay taxes to the Bartlett Park District in order to support the Park District. Residents would have first priority in the random draw registration process.
- Nonresidents: Nonresidents by definition do not pay property taxes to the Bartlett Park District. They will also be asked to pay their fair share through nonresident rates. Nonresidents will be charged an additional fee of up to 50% more than the resident rate for most programs. If you are unsure if you are paying taxes to the Bartlett Park District, give us a call at (630)540-4865, or check your property tax bill.
The Bartlett Park District’s Regulatory Ordinance, regulates the use of parks, provides for penalties, and repeals all ordinances in conflict therewith.